28 January 2008

freezepop



A week ago as I was huddled in Chicago trying to warm up from the sub-zero temps, I received a text from my sister:

//

#06: Read Text
From: Hannah
>Have u heard the band freezepop<
CB#: Hannah
4:22P Mon Jan21


#05: Sent
To: Hannah
>No what do they soĂșnd like?<
CB#: Phone
4:52P Mon Jan21


#05: Read Text
From: Hannah
>Good electroclash similar 2 ladytron but more upbeat<
CB#: Hannah
4:54 Mon Jan21


//

I suppose a fitting way to find out about the group.

I later discovered that my sister heard them through my dad who was broadcasting their music on his phone (one of those all-in-one phone-camera-mp3 player-pda gadgets). Yeah, a bit odd for a 57 year old man, I know…

With track titles such as : :

* ninja of love
* i am not your gameboy
* less talk more rokk

their cheesy quality was kind of expected….sort of like an actual freezepop. Sweet, sticky, bright colors ……not as classy as an ice-cream cone or even an ice-cone & while there are a variety of colours it doesn’t really matter a whole lot which you chose. But refreshing fun fun fun nonetheless. I’m sure, though, that if I listen too much I may get a brain freeze (seriously)

Anyway …. Their songs have been featured in several video games –including :Guitar Hero, Karaoke Revolution and Dance Dance Revolution. Apparently they have quite the following from gamers out there. Here is a video by one of those who mastered Guitar Hero.



yep. freezepop get bonus points for making gamer-kids physically active.

No comments: