11 May 2008

shy child

I was a bit surprised to see this posted on pitchfork today... Shy Child has been out of my mind for quite some time. I came by them last year at the Faversham (a quaint place by the uni in Leeds where you can grab a pint, catch a gig & do a mighty jig)




While Shy Child were the final act, Fujiya & Miyagi were by far my highlight.maybe its the whole brit/american:american/brit fascination thing.

For some reason I remember getting creeped out by Pete Cafarella's frozen grin when he sang.

Anyway, here was my initial description of them to a friend:

"nyc's electro punk duo, 'shy child' headlined - a couple songs sound a bit like the faint meet nu-rave - & maybe a hint of timbaland"

ha.
--------


well they finally released Noise Won't Stop, back in the US after all their fun across the pond.

***Here is their video for "Noise Won't Stop" -

Which brought to mind Battles:

No comments: