13 April 2008

mindless


The weekend is once again coming to an end & the realization of another long week of meticulous work is sinking in. I identified with this video for The Golden Dog's "Never Meant Any Harm" - as I've held my share of tedious, mindless jobs, whether in a field detassling corn, scrubbing pans or counting sherds. During these experiences I've come to find the musical essence in repetition, which makes the acts bearable & even occasionally - dare I say - fun.

On another tangent>>>I currently work in a setting that enforces conformity through 'business career apparel' & a clean-cut conservative appearance .... How many of us set bits of our 'personal identity' aside for the sake of our jobs? What about when we take it a step further & keep our true passion sealed in a 'safe' using our job only for financial gains .... how long can it remain locked up before the door pops open?

ok, enough of my rambling...
This is The Golden Dogs, a Canadian quintet who I suspect may take their name from classic Canadian literature via William Kirby's The Golden Dog / Le Chien d'Or - a historical romance. The band has the chemistry (lead singer/guitarist & keyboardist hitched after surviving a 3 year long-distance relationship) They also have some gusto & may get stuck in your head....




*good luck with monday

No comments: